Sealing Solutions for Oilfield Services (OFS)
Precision Polymer Engineering is your chosen Baker Hughes strategic supplier of elastomer seals for the Oilfield Services sector (OFS).
For over 10 years, we have worked in collaboration with multiple companies that now form Baker Hughes. With no two projects alike, we aim to supply you with reliable sealing solutions that improve safety and increase productivity on your oilfield site.
- 24-hour technical support when and wherever you need it. From a phone call to a face-to-face meeting, we are here to provide you with the best in class technical support.
- Time saved sourcing seals for your project, with dedicated elastomer team here to advise you on which material and seal geometry will match your project requirements.
- Reduce cost of ownership through purchasing high quality, advanced elastomers seals that last longer in application, and minimise the risk of equipment downtime and maintenance intervals.
- Elastomer materials are approved to Baker Hughes specifications as well as being tested to the oil & gas industry standards, so you can feel confident in our products safety and manufacturing quality.
Our team draw upon 25+ years of experience working in the oil & gas elastomer industry to provide you with precision engineered, custom elastomer seals with high performance properties.
Starting with an in-depth understanding of how different elastomer materials behave in oil & gas environments, we leverage our skills in FEA simulation technology, CAD design, advanced laboratory testing and the latest in manufacturing techniques, to provide you with the highest quality sealing components.
- Upstream drilling
- Production equipment
- Dedicated Account Manager - Diego Bolanos
- Dedicated Field Market Development Engineer - Steve Hindmarsh
- Finite Element Analysis
- Hardware design
- Custom seal design
- New elastomer materials formulated for specific requirements
- Laboratory testing and analysis
- Personalised training courses
- Improved manufacturing lead-times to meet Baker Hughes project deadlines
OFS Sealing Products
O-Rings and Packers are the two most common sealing products supplied to the Baker Hughes Oilfield Services sector. However, we can mould infinite seal geometries, with profiles and sizes to suit your given oil & gas application.
Our custom-engineered OFS seals are manufactured to fit the exact requirements of your hardware, protecting against explosive decompression (ED), sour gas (H2S) and the aggressive chemicals associated with oilfield media. This includes chemicals used to aid extraction of produced fluids through extension processes.
From HNBR to FFKM material grades, our innovative range of elastomer materials improve seal performance and reliability, with service life expectancy in excess of 25 years – even in the temperature and pressure extremes associated with upstream operations.
Our elastomer materials have been specially developed to deliver superior sealing solutions for the Oilfield Services sector. Many of Precision Polymer Engineering's EnDura®, Perlast® and Perlast ICE® elastomer material grades have been tested to international standards such as NORSOK, TOTAL, NACE, ISO 10423, API 6A/6D and ISO 23936-2.
Our Oil & Gas elastomer materials are compliant with:
Ask an Engineer
Seals for Oilfield Services
Below is a selection of the most common products we supply to the Baker Hughes Oilfield Services sector. Click on a specific product to find out further information.
With a specialist elastomer for every sealing application, our engineers can identify an elastomer O-ring to perform perfectly in your operating environment.
Elastomers Approved by Baker Hughes Oilfield Services
Below is the range of elastomer materials that are approved to Baker Hughes specifications. Click on a specific material to find out further information.
The Engineers Hub Resources
The Engineers Hub is where you will find all the technical resources and tools you need.
Consult our elastomer compatibility guide to find out the chemical resistance of rubber materials against over 1000 different chemical media.
A brief overview of some of the most common O-ring failure modes – how to diagnose them, what might be causing them, and how PPE can help you solve them.