Clean Room Manufacturing
A clean room is a controlled manufacturing environment that has a low level of pollutants such as dust, airborne microbes, aerosol particles and chemical vapors. Environmental parameters such as temperature, humidity and pressure are carefully controlled with air delivered to the clean room through HEPA filters.
- UK: Three clean rooms totalling 254 sq.m. (2734 sq.ft.) which include milling, molding and inspection operations in a Class 10,000 (ISO Class 7) environment, plus a separate area for cleaning and packaging to Class 1,000 (ISO Class 6).
- USA: Two clean rooms totalling 454 sq.m. (4885 sq.ft.) which house milling, molding, inspection, cleaning and packaging operations in a Class 1,000 (ISO Class 6) environment.
PPE maintains full control of its products from seal design to mold tool design and manufacture through to material compounding, molding and post cure. This simply means that you are assured of a unique quality product from one of the top suppliers to the semiconductor and related industries.
If your products are made in a clean room, why expect anything less from your elastomer seals. PPE believes it’s not sufficient to simply clean and package our products in a clean room. Our performance seals are also compounded, extruded and moulded in a clean room environment to ensure maximum cleanliness and purity.
For critical sealing environments that require elastomer components with high levels of cleanliness, PPE offers a wide range of high purity elastomer materials (such as Perlast®, Kimura® and Nanofluor®) that are molded in our clean rooms. Many of our high performance seals are manufactured in our clean rooms including O-rings, end-effectors, slit valve doors and custom sealing components.
Why use PPE?
- Unique materials to meet demanding applications
- Ability to respond quickly to customer needs and fast manufacturing lead-times
- Highest quality and cleanest sealing components