Perfluoroelastomer (FFKM) is the most chemically resistant elastomer available and is effectively a rubber form of PTFE. Perlast® perfluoroelastomer grades provide other properties which prove most valuable in critical sealing applications where purity, high temperatures and retention of sealing force are paramount.
The Perlast® range of perfluoroelastomer materials are at the leading edge of polymer technology. They have been developed to offer superior sealing solutions with enhanced performance and improved functionality, which is proven in the field.
Features of Perlast® FFKM seals include:
- High temperature stability up to 327°C (620°F)
- Almost universal chemical resistance
- Outstanding mechanical properties
- High purity materials for reduced process contamination for semiconductor applications
- FDA, USP Class VI and 3A 18-03 compliance for food and pharmaceutical applications
- Rapid Gas Decompression (RDG) resistant materials for high pressure environments for oil and gas applications
For sealing applications that require all of the above features and benefits with the addition of exceptional low temperature capability consider Perlast® ICE perfluoroelastomers.
How can we help? Contact us to discuss your FFKM sealing requirements.
Perlast® is a registered trademark of Precision Polymer Engineering Ltd
Perlast perfluoroelastomers for lifescience applications
Perfluororelastomers designed for challenging lifescience applications, offering universal chemical resistance combined with high temperature capability.
Perlast perfluoroelastomers for oil & gas applications
For sealing in the most aggressive fluid environments, extreme temperatures and pressures, Perlast materials have been developed to withstand the harsh environments encountered in the global oil & gas industry.