Perfluoroelastomer (FFKM) is the most chemically resistant elastomer available and is effectively a rubber form of PTFE. Perlast® perfluoroelastomer grades provide other properties which prove most valuable in critical sealing applications where purity, high temperatures and retention of sealing force are paramount.
The Perlast® range of perfluoroelastomer materials are at the leading edge of polymer technology. They have been developed to offer superior sealing solutions with enhanced performance and improved functionality, which is proven in the field (see case studies).
Features of Perlast® FFKM seals include:
- High temperature stability up to 327°C (620°F)
- Almost universal chemical resistance
- Outstanding mechanical properties
- High purity materials for reduced process contamination (semiconductor)
- FDA, USP Class VI and 3A 18-03 compliance (food, pharmaceutical & dairy)
- Highest quality parts
Benefits of using Perlast® perfluoroelastomer seals include:
- Increased in-service seal life-time
- Improved sealing performance
- Extended machine/equipment planned maintenance (PM) intervals
- Increased machine/equipment output
- Reduced machine/equipment downtime
- Optimized process conditions
- Reduced process contamination
- Reduced cost of ownership
For sealing applications that require all of the above features and benefits with the addition of exceptional low temperature capability consider Perlast® ICE perfluoroelastomers.
How can we help? Contact us to discuss your FFKM sealing requirements.
Perlast® is a registered trademark of Precision Polymer Engineering Ltd
|Perlast Brochure||Food & Pharma|
|Perlast Brochure||Oil & Gas|