The Perlast® ICE range of perfluoroelastomers has been developed to provide excellent resistance to a broad range of chemicals whilst offering exceptional low temperature performance.
Perlast® ICE elastomer have been formulated to provide increased resistance to a broad range of chemicals by carefully controlling the molecular architecture. In addition, these perfluoroelastomers exhibit low permeability and as a result, are less prone to swelling, leading to extended in-service performance in valves, pumps and mechanical seals.
- Operating temperature: -46°C to +250°C (-51°F to +482°F)
- Excellent chemical resistance to a wide range of chemicals including acids and amines
- Low compression set for long-term sealing performance
- Good mechanical properties
- Excellent Explosive Decompression resistance, tested to NORSOK M710 (G90LT grade)
- Sour gas resistant, tested to NORSOK M710
Perlast® ICE delivers a unique combination of properties from an elastomer material. It offers the thermal and chemical resistance superiority associated with FFKM, but with the additional benefit of low temperature capabilities.
The low temperature properties of Perlast® ICE are achieved by polymer structure changes rather than additive techniques. This ensures reliable, repeatable and sustained sealing performance over an extended period.
Perlast® ICE opens up new design possibilities for engineers looking to develop sealing solutions which need to operate at extremely low temperatures.
Beyond the material itself, working with PPE also adds value in a number of ways at all stages in the design process and for on-going procurement.
- Expert technical support both before and after sale
- Design advice to optimize the seal design for the intended operating conditions
- Unrivalled rapid lead times
- Flexible and responsive manufacturing based on a cell-based operating model
- Global sales and support coverage
How can we help? Contact us to discuss your low temperature sealing requirements or chat to our experts online.
|Perlast ICE brochure||Oil & Gas|