Perlast® ICE Material Attributes
PPE polymer chemists have worked for many years developing unique materials to meet the needs of customers with very demanding applications. Building on this experience, our research and development team recognised that many customers have a requirement for a high performance sealing material which provides excellent chemical resistance while performing at very low temperatures.
This is a difficult combination of properties particularly bearing in mind
the additional requirement that the material must also have
excellent mechanical properties.
Perlast® ICE elastomer have been formulated to provide increased resistance to a broad range of chemicals by carefully controlling the molecular architecture. In addition, these perfluoroelastomers exhibit low permeability and as a result, are less prone to swelling, leading to extended in-service performance in valves, pumps and mechanical seals.
In low temperature pressure tests, Perlast® ICE materials were proven to seal down to -80°C (-112°F) at 9000psi.
Click here to request a copy of the test report.
- Excellent low-temperature sealing capability down to -46°C (-51°F) and beyond
- Good high temperature resistance +250°C (+482°F)
- Good mechanical properties - low compression set provides long-term, reliable performance
- Excellent chemical resistance to a broad range of chemicals
- Exceptional acid and amine resistance
- Excellent ED resistance, tested to NORSOK M710 (90 durometer grade)
Download Perlast® ICE material datasheets
View Perlast® ICE G90LT ED test certificate
Request a copy of NORSOK ED and sour gas results
Request a copy of low temperature pressure test results
Discover the EnDura® range of elastomers for oil and gas applications