Investing in People
PPE is a future focussed organisation with an enviable reputation for both business growth and facilitating the personal and professional development of its workforce. Over the years, PPE has developed a reputation as a place where people WANT to work and a place where people LIKE to work, in short the employer of choice in its locality.
In 2002 PPE attained the Investors in People Award. This national award recoginses the company's commitment to fully developing its people through support, encouragement and training.
The company is intent on building on its successful track record in these areas:-
- People are encouraged to improve their own and other people's performance.
- People believe their contribution to the organisation is recognised.
- The company is committed to ensuring equality of opportunity in the the development of its people.
- The development of people is in line with the company's aim and objectives.
- People understand how they contribute to achieving the company's aims and objectives.
- Managers are effective in supporting the development of people.
- People understand the impact of the development of people on the performance of the organisation, teams and individuals.
Additional Benefits Student Bursary Scheme
Employees at the Blackburn site are able to participate in a group pension scheme which is financially supported by the company and helps make provision for individuals retirement. In the United States the company provides a comprehensive 401k package.
Constantly looking for new ways to show appreciation to its people and those who support them, PPE has recently launched a Student Bursary Scheme for the Children and Grandchildren of its employees. This scheme provides both financial support and practical life skills to those who are successful in applying.