Seal Design Services
Analysis and advice on seal geometry and hardware
PPE offers a comprehensive design and simulation service for seals, custom molded elastomers and bonded components.
Typical services include:
- Material recommendations based on temperature, chemical and mechanical conditions
- Component design and size optimization to maximize sealing performance and life
- Seal housing design, re-engineering and optimization
- Custom seal design
Finite Elements Analysis (FEA) uses advanced computer software to simulate complex engineering problems where analytical solutions cannot be obtained, and physical testing is prohibitively expensive. PPE uses FEA to predict contact forces, deformation and stress levels within elastomeric components over a defined range of thermal and mechanical conditions to validate and optimize sealing system design.
FEA analysis typically includes:
- Mechanical stress
- Mechanical vibration
- Heat transfer
PPE provides solutions to sealing problems by offering advice on optimal materials and designs. We provide a professional yet personal service from our experienced sealing experts and polymer chemists to give you industry leading guidance on critical sealing related topics; including:
- Sealing system design
- Material selection
- Product test guidance
- Chemical and mechanical analysis of elastomers
- Root cause analysis of sealing issues
- General problem solving and troubleshooting
From product specification and sealing system design through to testing, installation and operation, PPE delivers a one stop shop for any elastomer sealing challenge.
Send us your sealing requirements
Tell us your projects requirements and we will aim to get back to you within 24 hours.