Closing Date: 22nd December 2017, 4:00pm
Reporting to the Plant Manager, this position sits as head of our Oil & Gas business unit. Delivering the Annual Plan through the production segment, this role requires the candidate to constantly challenge and drive productivity and quality improvements on site. The role has a high level of autonomy in deciding and implementing improvement activity and the person will be involved in high level projects as well as setting budgets for recruitment, etc.
We are looking for a highly motivated, experienced manager who can demonstrate career progression and is looking for the next challenge in their career. This is an exciting position for somebody with drive and ambition and a 'can do' approach to problem solving and improvement activity. The person will need to be able to demonstrate strong communication skills and be able to manage and deliver projects through multi-functional teams. Full support and training will be given to the successful candidate.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Management of all key KPIs relating to quality, delivery, performance and people
- Coaching and mentoring of direct reports
- Training and development of all direct reports and implementing department wide training and development plans
- Supporting and driving new projects and CI activity
- Communication within the department including Key Management briefings and daily communication with the Business Line leader and sales team
- Health and Safety within the department ensuring that we work in a safe and efficient manner
- Integrating the transfer of new products from technical into manufacturing
- Integrate the smooth transition of new materials into the department
- Co-ordination and management of overtime and recruitment
- Departmental responsibility outside of normal working hours
Key Attributes for Candidate
- Results orientated, driven individual with a knowledge of implementing and driving improvement in agreed KPIs
- Experience in leading cross-functional teams in achieving agreed targets
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to deliver briefings at all levels of the organisation
- Change orientated with a proven track record in delivering projects that have "challenged the norm"
- A strong coach with mentoring experience for more junior employees
- Ability to think on feet and make correct decisions in a timely manner, the candidate needs to be able to quickly decipher all the facts and make decisions that effect the running of the factory
- Experience of recruitment, training and disciplinary handling
- Knowledge and experience of implementing CI projects across large departments in order to achieve desired outputs
- Sound commercial judgement when assessing difficult challenges within manufacturing
- Ability to manage and drive change through effective management
Educated to degree level in an engineering-based discipline with experience of managing large teams. The successful candidate will already be carrying out a management role in a fast paced change orientated organisation.
Anyone interested in the role should apply in writing to Louise Rowland (firstname.lastname@example.org) outlining why they feel they have the appropriate skill set to fulfil the role.