At the end of the training session, delegates will be able to:
- Explain how O-rings seal.
- Define the range of elastomers available and understand their inherent strengths and weaknesses.
- Ask appropriate questions of elastomer manufacturers in order to compare and evaluate the suitability of elastomer materials.
- Specify the optimum elastomer material for any given application.
- Calculate optimum O-ring and seal sizes to fit existing hardware.
- Design optimum new hardware for seal applications to improve engine efficiency.
- Combine the latest materials technology with modern design techniques to d esign a more competitive product.
- Identify and diagnose potential sealing problems early thereby reducing any possible downtime.
- Specify the causes of seal failure and take appropriate action to eliminate future occurrences and potential warranty claims .
- Extend preventative maintenance (PM) cycles.
- Estimate how differences in service environment may affect seal performance.
- Understand how to achieve cost savings by informed seal material selection, avoiding over-specification.
- Write a robust sealing specification.
Who should attend?
This seminar is designed for:
- Service and Maintenance Engineers
- Design Engineers involved in engine design or seal specification
- Quality Managers and Engineers
- Technical Managers
- Technical Purchasing
- Material Engineers
- Engineering Apprentices/Trainees/Graduates
Attendance at the workshop will result in individuals developing their knowledge, understanding and skills in various aspects of elastomer technology, seal design and how this impacts on applications they are involved with. They will be able take this knowledge and apply it in their day-to-day activities to achieve cost savings, more robust designs and display to their own customers a greater depth of knowledge.
The seminar is based on a combination of interactive activities - group and individual exercises, case studies, hands-on problem solving tasks and discussions - along with formal technical input from the course trainers. Each delegate receives a certificate of attendance and a course handbook which provides a valuable source of information for future reference.
To enrol on this course or for more information please contact us for more details.
“A valuable experience providing an exchange of ideas and knowledge which will be very useful for the future”.
“A professional, informative and comprehensive course”.
“Very knowledgeable instructors. We were made very welcome by all PPE staff at their Headquarters”.