Kimura® high performance elastomers
A unique range of fully organic elastomers for semiconductor sealing applications which demand extreme plasma resistance.
The Kimura® range of high performance elastomer materials utilize a controlled molecular architecture which provides a unique self-reinforcing polymer structure, elimiating the need for fillers of any kind. This high purity material breaks new ground in elastomer technology, developed specifically for aggressive semiconductor applications.
Kimura® elastomers are NOT perfluoroelastomers or any other standard type of elastomer material. They are a new breed of elastomer, specifically developed by PPE, for the semiconductor industry, to offer a step-change in sealing performance, surpassing what has previously been achievable.
The high purity of the polymer combined with the absence of any fillers makes Kimura® materials suitable for processes involving lower feature sizes. Kimura® materials also provide low coefficient of thermal expansion, low compression set and extremely low etch rates in aggressive plasma environments.
- Exceptionally pure - does not contain any fillers which may cause particulation problems.
- Outstanding plasma resistance – ideal for Chlorine, Fluorine & Oxygen chemistries.
- Exceptionally low plasma etch rate
- Low thermal expansion
- Retro-fits existing O-ring grooves (including FKM & FFKM grooves)
- Low permeation
- Low out-gassing
- Low adhesion (reduced sticking)
- Low friction, high strength and high modulus make Kimura materials ideal for constant force dynamic applications.
Kimura® is a registered trademark of Precision Polymer Engineering Ltd