Blackburn, UK Reports to:
Global Marketing Manager
Directs the product plans, marketing and pricing for products and added value services focused on Industrial Markets (Food/Pharma/Bio-Analytical, MicroForm, High Volume, Oil & Gas). The primary objective of the job is to maximize the revenue and margin generated by Industrial Market segments. In order to achieve this, the Industrial specialist will work closely with all sales channels to build understanding of market dynamics and to drive maximum penetration both at OEM accounts and at end users. Essential Functions
- Maintains an understanding of the macro economic trends, competitive trends and specific dynamics in Industrial markets for all geographies segments which are relevant to ISS.
- Builds a detailed understanding of customer requirements (both OEM customers and end user customers) in Industrial market segments.
- Uses market size and growth data by geography, by market segment and by customer type to develop, communicate and execute ISS’s strategy for growing Industrial market business with maximum profitability. Also uses this information and market intelligence to help provide high level order forecasts for use in AOP, STRAP plans and other long range planning.
- Provides direction and input on specifications related to products, services, packaging, kits, specific labelling requirements and any other value added services which will facilitate ISS achieving maximum sales penetration and margins in global aftermarkets.
- Works closely with materials, technical and operations functions along with identified third party suppliers to develop and industrialise products and services which are specific to Industrial markets. Ensures that such products meet market requirements and variants as needed in different market segments (e.g. Marine diesel, Pharma, Food, aerospace engines, rotating equipment etc.)
- Works closely with marketing and sales teams to launch, promote and sell products and value-added services which are targeted at global Industrial markets.
- Works with sales leadership to set and roll out global pricing structures and price lists for Industrial market products and services.
- Participates directly in developing customer accounts for Industrial market products and services. This includes working with OEMs to maximize their business as well as 3rd party providers, and dealer channels which provide aftermarket products to end users.
- Builds customer relationships, assists in sales visits, make presentations, helps negotiate agreements and contracts.
- Uses forecasting processes and tools to provide operations and business leadership with the best possible forward visibility of order intake forecasts from Industrial Market sales channels.
- Works with regional business managers to set best practice for value selling, sales processes and use of tools such as Saleforce.com in the context of selling aftermarket products and services.
- Experienced in creating and executing market and product strategies for technical products in diverse global markets.
- Ideally experienced in understanding and growing market segments. Able to appreciate the specific factors for success in Industrial markets; dealing either with OEMs or with end users of products.
- Familiar with processes and tools related to strategic, consultative selling and value selling.
- Ability to work across a number of functions and teams in the business. Able to motivate and mobilise individuals and teams behind strategies to maximize the commercial success of ISS.
- Ability to communicate and roll out processes so that global teams are fully informed, trained and are getting the maximum benefit from the processes and definitions developed.
- Highly focused and committed to meeting sales and margin targets from specified product lines. Able to analyse and break down any barriers in the way of reaching targets and of motivating the global sales teams to meet or exceed targets each month/quarter/year.
- Fluent with the use of spreadsheets, analytical tools, statistical methods of forecasting and presentation of metrics in tabular or graphical formats.
- Confident and credible when working with internal and external groups at all levels. Able to use their knowledge and credibility to influence individuals and teams to achieve the desired outcomes.
- Willing to travel (around 20-25%) to attend meetings, work with global sales teams, visit customers, etc.
- Proven track record in product management and/or business development in a technical field.
- Experienced in developing and executing product, marketing and sales strategies for a focused product line.
- Ideally experienced in working in Industrial market segments serving a technical product field.
- MSc, BSc or equivalent in a relevant science or engineering discipline.
- MBA would be highly desirable.
- Knowledge of dynamic and static sealing solutions or related products highly desirable.
- Experience working in global markets.
Please state your interest in writing, explaining why you want to be considered for this opportunity and your relevant experience to Tynan Carroll: ACarroll@idexcorp.com by Friday 7th October 2016.
- - - = = = - - -