APPLICATIONS ENGINEER (SEMICONDUCTOR INDUSTRY)
Based at our San Jose, CA office
- Using an understanding of material properties, engineering principals and application knowledge, provide technical proposals and engineered solutions to meet customer specifications
- Provide pre and post-sales technical support for internal and external customers.
- Provide a technical interface between the sales and manufacturing functions.
- Provide innovative solutions to customer and industry problems, managing and assisting in the development and manufacture of new products.
- Form close working relationships with key strategic customers
- Deliver technical presentations, generic and specialised training courses in elastomer sealing technology and advice to internal and external audiences.
- Assist the marketing function by providing technical information and data relating to strategic markets.
- Represent and promote PPE at customer sites, technical seminars, trade shows and industry forums as a solutions provider and the 'go to' company.
- Strong engineering background with the ability to work from first principals
- Understanding of high and low pressure systems
- Knowledge of sealing systems would be an advantage
- Experience in the Oil and Gas industry is desirable
- At least 3 years experience in mechanical design and validation
- Ability to use 3D CAD (SolidWorks) and Ansys Workbench an advantage
- Qualified to degree level in Mechanical Engineering or similar
- Exceptional problem solving skills with a methodical and structured approach
- Strong communicator with excellent verbal and written abilities
- Confident when dealing with internal and external customers
Anyone interested in applying for this post should forward a fully updated CV along with a letter of motivation to firstname.lastname@example.org, Gary Rae, Director of Human Resources
- - = - -
Important statement to recruiters
Irrespective of previous arrangements, any CV passed to any employee of PPE/Perlast or any of its agents by recruitment companies or agencies without an agreed written and current recruitment contract for a specific recruitment project, will be viewed as the sole property of PPE/Perlast. No fee or consideration will be paid in the event of any such candidate being employed by PPE/Perlast as a result of such referrals