PPE Limited - Management team and a brief history
Neil Thompson – President
June Fielding – Finance Director
Brett Hogarth – Head of Operations
Gary Rae – Director of Human Resources - Sealing Technologies
John Kerwin – Head of Research & Development
Ben Green – Head of Global Sales
Tynan Carroll – Head of Global Marketing
Ashley McCarrick – Human Resources Manager
Simon Jackson – Head of Continuous Improvement & Quality
Company founded by Peter Cummings.
- Moved to larger premises, £1m turnover, 29 employees.
- 30% export to mostly Europe, emphasis on large power generation & marine diesel sector.
OEM sales operation commenced, first manufactured Perlast® material 1991.
- £4m turnover, 50% export to Europe, USA and Asia.
- First prototype orders in Perlast® perfluoroelastomer materials to US semiconductor sector.
- Emphasis on material approvals for a wide range of industries. Pharmaceutical grade elastomers introduced.
First development of nano-filled elastomers for semiconductor and other critical-use applications.
- Moved to purpose-built 3,500 sq m (37,600 sq ft) factory with class 10,000 cleanroom facility.
- Further development and introduction of nano-filled elastomers on a commercial scale worldwide.
- Complete range of pharmaceutical/bio-analytical elastomer grades with diverse approvals/conformities.
- Investment in advanced press machines including a 2 metre wide press with "clean-production" capability.
- Extensive outfitting of materials laboratory for research and development as well as production support purposes.
- Opening of sales office in San Jose, California and addition of technical support in the USA.
- Major investment in new presses with sophisticated process mechanisms to optimise quality and methods
- New material approvals in the defence and life science sectors
- Range of innovative, ultra-pure Perlast® perfluoroelastomers introduced to the semiconductor and pharmaceutical sectors.
- Expansion of sales operation in EU countries and in the USA, with increased activities across Asia including Japan.
- Endura® range of materials launched in the oil and gas sector.
- Launched Detectaseal® range of innovative, metal detectable, FDA-compliant material gradesfor the food and pharmaceutical industries.
- Continued investment in new plant and machinery to achieve increased capacity and technological advances.
- Major enhancements and development of the Materials Characterisation Centre (MCC) with leading edge equipment to progress and support customer projects.
- Acquisition of Aberdeen O-Rings and Seals to expand the Company’s presence in the Oil and Gas sector.
- Commencement of build programme to increase the production facility by 80% and a dedicated administration and customer training centre.
- Continued expansion of the material ranges within FKM, FFKM with leading-edge mechanical properties: additional approvals for materials in the pharmaceutical sector.
- Dedicated sales force located in Asia operating from Singapore.
- Completion of expansion programme with extensive new materials laboratory, 80% increase in production floor space and opening of new administrative and customer training centre.
- Launch of further new Kimura® material grades including materials beyond perfluoroelastomers.
- Established sales operation in Houston, Texas for US oil and gas sector.
- Acquired by IDEX Corporation. PPE operates as a business within IDEX's Health and Science Technologies segment. Revenues 80% outside UK.
- Established sales office in Tokyo, Japan.
- Applications Engineering & Technical Support team established providing enhanced seal design and consultancy capability.
- Added sales engineers in Houston, Philadelphia and Chicago. Precision Polymer Engineering LLC established in USA.
- Achieved NADCAP accreditation for elastomer seal manufacture for aerospace applications.
- Launched Perlast® ICE - exceptional perfluoroelastomers for extreme low temperature applications.
- Opened a sales office and customer training facility in Houston, TX, USA.
- Acquired FTL Technology, Leeds, England.
- Launched EnDura® E90SR - high temperature steam resistant EPDM material.
- Building work completed on new PPE manufacturing facility in Brenham, TX, USA.
- Official opening and first parts manufactured at Texas, USA facility.
- Acquired Novotema, Villongo, Italy.